21 September 2003

I was wondering when a blogger would make reference to Boards of Canada and tonight I see two mentions. I'm actually a late-comer to BOC. I finally got curious when Warp re-issued 'Twoism' last year and I've been gradually buying-up the slim back catalogue since (in chronological order, natch). I haven't got the latest album yet...I'm holding back, like when you try to prolong an orgasm. BOC's music just swamps me in a deep, devastating reverie of conflicting moods, half-remembered dreams, joy, sadness, envy, love, alternate realities...ahhh why bother trying to describe it. Others have done that far more successfully. It works on a level that my primitive discourse is unable to accurately pinpoint or describe. The first time I heard them, it was like coming home. Like knowing that you'd found that elusive thing you didn't even know you were looking for. BOC just fucking slay me, man....