16 May 2004

Random bitz...

Apparently, Hydrogen Dukebox artist Technova is actually David Harrow, who used to be On-U Sound's chief techno-boffin back in the day. The man responsible for the brilliant digi-dub backing track on "These Things Happen", one of my favourite Mark Stewart choons. His new album "Electrosexual" out anytime now.

Miss Kittin's first solo album proper, "I Com" is apparently very good, but early reports suggest that Felix Da Housecat's new album is a bit dodgy. More soon...

Although I haven't followed their work since "Snivilisation", Gutterbreakz would like to pay respect to the mighty Orbital, who have officially split-up. Seventh and final album the "Blue Album" out on 21st June. I met Paul Hartnoll once. Very nice man...

Another act who I haven't followed for years are The Orb. But I heard a track from their new album "Bicycles & Tricycles" on Peel's show this week which really impressed me. Maybe it's time to give Dr. Alex and his chums another chance...?

Another cool track heard on the radio was this funky lil' number with samples of Charlton Heston in "Planet Of The Apes" (still one of my favourite films). Turns out it was from the new Wagon Christ album. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about Luke's recent 'disco-kitch' Kerrier District project, but I've got a really good feeling about this new one...

Also heard a cool Scisser Sisters dance mix that even K-Punk might like! Don't remember what it was called though. Sorry.

Ecstacy users (past and present) beware. Apparently there are long-term problems with 'disturbed sleep'. Source: DJ Mag.