21 September 2004

Just a quick mention for Psychbloke, who just happens to be a mate of Loki's (wish he was my mate too, boo hoo!). He takes lot's of photos of things that catch his eye in central Bristol, but also goes off on occasional journies into the warm, milky glow of childood memory, like this brilliant Star Wars post. Even though my general feelings of shared experience are probably inevitable due to the fact that I'm of the same age and from the same city and share an alarming amount of similar non-musical interests, I reckon this is so powerful it would make even the great K-punk shudder in empathic ecstacy, assuming he bought bubblegum cards (didn't we all?!- and I hope Mark spotted that Sapphire & Steel post a while back), god...I can fucking taste those pink gum strips now...time for some deep reverie shit...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Hey ....thanks for the big up!

    I reckon that there's a deep rooted seam of Star Wars down there in all of us - like some kind of Jungian collective consciousness.

    As for being mates with Loki...hmmmm....well, as his erstwhile head of department, one always has to maintain a certain professional distance in these matters..... (God, I hope he reads this - I'm sure he will - either thru regular visits or if not, I'm sure he's as prone to neurotically googling his own alter-ego as the rest of us).

    That Anson Rooms gig looks great - they don't seem to have pulled it all together yet this year ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 PM

    The pleasure of bigging-up was all mine, sir.

    Is it just me or does that Look-In archives site fuck your head up? especially now they've started posting up the Tomorrow People strips. I can hardly bare to look at them...it's like I just walked back into my choldhood.

    My Anson Rooms Jpeg proves that your complaints about Orbital only playing the Colston Hall were unfounded...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:38 PM

    Pah.....I HIRED you Mr Loki...
    They wanted the nice man with the cufflinks - but I said no, take a risk on the fop in the orange suit with the garden implement fixation.
    Without me, the auditors would've caught up with you over the giant lizard incident and you'd be kipping on the beach mate - and not at the nice Westcliffe end either.
    And what do I get in return? ....you leave my nice Skill B points of Gold out of the student handbook....pah!

    (Sorry Mr Breakz - not good form to use your blog to discipline the underlings.....won't happen in future...etc...etc...)

    ReplyDelete